Committee Changes

October 8, 2009

As Stage One of the Charterhouse project has been completed [The Return], new members have been added to the Committee to cope with Stage Two [The Restoration]

Richard Davies [Chairman]

The Committee:-
Vice-Chairman – Gwilym Price
Secretary – Bob Wheatley
Treasurer – Chris Williams
Phil Rees
John Bultler
Coxswain Paul Bultler
Dr. David Davies
Mike Iles
Richard Goswell
Robert Rees
Neil Lomas
Anne Lomas
Judith Lomas
Advertisements

Charterhouse moved to her permanent berth

July 31, 2009

Charterhouse was towed [by tractor] to her permanent berth next to the RNLI Fishguard Station on Thursday by Mike Iles and  Chris Williams of  Goodwick Marine http://www.goodwickmarine.co.uk/ and Phil Rees and myself. All four are members of the Charterhouse Returns Committee.

It is here that she will remain for restoration [with STENA’s compliments].
The position is 100 feet from her original [1909] lifeboat station and slipway. The harbour was extended in the intervening 100 years as a result the original slipway would be 100 feet from the sea.

All passengers on the Rosslare Ferry will be able to view it as they dock at Fishguard from the afterdeck of the ferry  or when leaving for Rosslare.

Charterhouse is so large that it can be seen from the Marine Walk at Fishguard!

IMG_0434_resize

Phil Rees on board the Charterhouse with Needle Rock astern.
[Phil Rees in the cockpit gives an idea of the size of Charterhouse]

IMG_0437_resize

Looking at the store-shed – on the position of the 1909 Lifeboat Station.

IMG_0439_resize

The Fishguard Lifeboat Station with the Blue Peter Lifeboat and Charterhouse.

IMG_0445_resize

The Rosslare Ferry gives a good view of the Charterhouse from the afterdeck.

IMG_0449_resize

The Charterhouse and Fishguard Lifeboat Station alongside the quay and visiting craft.